Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boundless goes to print!

A few years back, I discovered Boundless.org, a Webzine for 20 and 30-somethings put out by Focus On the Family. I really liked it, so I queried them a few times and got turned down.

Last year, that changed dramatically--I got a yes to a query, and then regular contributor status.

Today, another milestone: for the first time, Boundless has gone to print instead of just the Web. And much to my delight, I'm in the inaugural issue.

You can pick up the first nine pages, including my article, in PDF form at Boundless Line.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashleigh said...

Congrats, Rachel! I was so excited to see your article in it when Ted brought home a copy. And I really enjoyed reading your piece.

11:02 p.m.  
Blogger Ted Slater said...

It's great to see you as a regular contributor to Boundless, Rachel. You are a blessing to many, including me.

11:20 a.m.  
Blogger Brittany Simmons said...

How exciting!!

5:45 p.m.  
Blogger Mark Nenadov said...

Hi Rachel,

I enjoyed your recent article "20-Something Reasons to Live at Home". There isn't any feedback section on the website, so I figure I'd send it here on your blog.

It's so true, independence in living situation is often over-rated. And living away from home doesn't necessarily give one independence (especially if financial obligations get more pervasive). Its sort of like how a person in a free country can be a slave and a person in non-free country can be truly free.

And then there are all the advantages you have listed, community, protection, etc.

I've lived at home for 27 years and I'd say that overall I'm far better off for it. Everyone's situation is different and hence different results. But, you see it over and over again...It isn't easy for a person to get a good start financially speaking (and in other senses) when they move out in their late teens or early 20's. Especially in pricey / busy locations.

There are good reasons to move out, but "independence" is probably not one of them! And a lot of people who move out don't need to, or at least not yet!

Thanks again for writing that article and keep up the good work.

11:18 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home