Monday, September 11, 2006

some days a girl gets tired

Thank goodness for blogging... clears the brain before starting the day's long stint of marking papers, editing manuscripts, and writing novels.

The proof for Heart to Heart came today! It's beautiful. My sisters designed the cover and formatted the inside, and it looks great. It's smaller than the old version, thicker, quite a bit more "bookish." And it feels great to have that Michael Phillips quote on the front cover.

Unfortunately there were a couple of typos I could NOT ignore (located smack dab in the Table of Contents), so the book is going into slight revision before I make it available. Take heart, though, I tell myself; 'twill be over soon, and the real work (selling books) begin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. A girl, especially on those tired days, can use all the friends she can get! :-)

How exciting that you've been writing a book! My mom has always told me to write our family's life story since there's lots of interestingly weird stuff in our family's past-- arranged marriages, selling the family mountain while in a drunken stupor, etc-- I hope to one day.

I know exactly what you mean about typos-- they are always so obvious to me. Just one of those things...

Well, it seems I have to make myself familiar with your blog now so I can see what your writings look like. How exciting for you!!!

Have a blessed day!
Marsha

9:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home