Sunday, May 21, 2006

big thoughts

Sometimes when I'm listening to truly beautiful music, such as the soundtrack to The Last Samurai, I'm overwhelmed at the greatness of God. Something about the expansiveness and beauty of the music allows this awareness of God to come in and thwack me about the soul.

So it just hit me... how great the Soul of God is, that He loves each of us--all 6.5 billion of us--personally. That He knows us as the most attentive, wise, and loving parent knows his or her child; as a true friend knows the heart that mirrors hers; as a devoted servant understands his master.

That He would condescend to know each of us so intimately, and with so much care, is beyond comprehension. David asked: "What is man, that You are mindful of him?" Truly, what are we? In God's eyes, who are we? And who is this Great Creator whose image we were made in, who has died to save us, who will reign forever in splendor and glory?

I'm rambling... just thought I'd share my thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger C. H. Green said...

Haven't heard from you in awhile, thought I'd check in. I agree with you on the awesomeness of God's love for us. Without Him, where would I be???

10:08 p.m.  
Blogger rena said...

beautiful thoughts....thanks. Will look forward to checking in on your site again.

2:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home