Friday, April 07, 2006

Rachel's Very Own Publishing Conference

P.P.S. (Pre-Post Script): I've actually updated since this post, but Blogspot did a very strange thing and lost this post... which I didn't take kindly to. The new post is below this one. Grumble.)

I started a publishing company last year and I'm bound and determined to learn how to use it. I really wanted to go to the BookExpo in Washington DC this year, but then I thought long and hard about it--and decided that the conference will do me much more good when I can speak the language of publishing. In other words, I'm an ignoramus and it's time I learned me a few things.

So, instead of going to DC to spend the weekend tripping over everything I don't know, I have decided to invest in books. Lots of books. Books that will make me an expert on self-, small-, and successful-publishing. Thank God for email lists where experienced people are fast and easy with recommendations, and for Amazon.com where one can find every book one needs in one place (except that they don't carry my books... yet. So if you need those go here).

The only depressing thing about this is it means I will spend hours and hours learning on my own and missing out on the fun party atmosphere of major conferences. Thus I have had a brilliant idea: you should all come over. We'll sit on my bedroom floor amidst stacks of books, eating chips and shawarmas and tea (maybe we'll drink that, 'stead of eating it) and we will fellowship and converse and become expert together, so you can all become publishers and join all of the fine competition out there.

Who's coming?

4 Comments:

Blogger C. H. Green said...

Just wondered what shawarmers were?

4:47 p.m.  
Blogger C. H. Green said...

Sounds yummy...What time is the picnic?

I am having to educate myself much in this same way right now. My budget for even books is nil. I just hope I can keep my dial up going. I'm still praying for a breakthrough and doing everything I can to make ends meet. God is faithful. He will supply.

Thanks for sharing what you've learned along the way with me.

9:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it sounds simply splendid!
:)

10:32 p.m.  
Blogger D.S. White said...

Umm... ya got conference lines?

9:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home