Friday, May 23, 2008

published: 20-Something Reasons to Live At Home

My latest article is up at Boundless.org (with a much cooler title than I originally gave it--good job, Boundless). Check out 20-Something Reasons to Live At Home here.

I am 25 and I still live with my parents, and this is not an accident or a regret. I love living here, and I think more young adults should seriously consider foregoing "independence" for things of much greater importance.

I'm impressed by the number of people who've already emailed me (or left blog comments ... thanks, Mark!) to express their appreciation for the article and the counter-cultural ideas therein. Apparently I'm not the only one who's noticed that our culture's ways of doing things can be empty and counterproductive.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesser Giant said...

Rachel,
Great article. I too live at home with my large family for the same reasons. Additionally I find the family environment provides much more accountability in the areas of personal habits, orderliness, internet usage, & balance in life than I would ever get by living with other single Christian guys or on my own.

10:55 p.m.  
Blogger Robin Gilman said...

Wonderful article! Well thought out and well-written as usual!

12:08 a.m.  
Blogger Hannah said...

I appreciated your article! It was thought provoking and full of uncommon sense. :) I hope to forward it on to others.

Keep up the great work!

7:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home