Monday, June 12, 2006

Anemia Meets Its Match in a Brown Bottle

I saw a picture recently of a young woman asleep over her ironing board. I can relate! Until recently I was one of those people who was perpetually tuckered out. As I dragged myself off to bed one night I thought, "I wish I could sleep forever." I could hardly stand to think about getting up in the morning.

Then I realized that something was ridiculous about the situation. I am a healthy twenty-three year old with a lifestyle that is only mildly stressful. I was eating reasonably and sleeping more than eight hours a night.

I asked a wise aunt if she thought I might be anemic. She said "yep" (well, that's sort of what she said) and prescribed an all-natural remedy. I started taking it, and three days later, "BOING!" I have life again!

What made the difference? This stuff:


Floradix. It's a liquid iron supplement. It doesn't cause any of the nastiness that iron tablets tend to bring, and it's amazing how much better I feel since I've been taking it. It tastes like mildly rotten fruit, which may have something to do with the other ingredients they put in there... a lot of fruits, roots, seeds, and other stuff like that. There are no preservatives, so it starts to ferment after a month or two, but if you take the recommended dose that won't be a problem.

Just thought I'd let the blog world know about one of the most specific answers to pray God has brought into my life lately.

1 Comments:

Blogger C. H. Green said...

Wonder if it's available in the States?

10:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home