Monday, October 23, 2006

home again, home again, jiggety-jog

... and the long silence shatters. I'm home!

For the last almost two weeks I've been staying in a little wooden A-frame halfway up a wooded hill in New Hampshire, with a very dear friend, her husband, and their three little boys. (That is, I was when I wasn't stuck in airports and flying to geographically illogical locations in the United States due to cancelled flights... okay, fine, it was ONE cancelled flight, but I think these things should be measured in emotional minutes)

It was an excellent time, which not only healed me of bronchitis and gave me a rest, but allowed me to reconnect with said dear friend and engage in many long and nocturnal conversations which I'll be chewing on for a while. We traipsed through territory strange and wild, but do you know what the most exciting thing we discovered was?

It was the Gospel. The Good News of Jesus Christ, which is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes. Over the past two weeks we got challenged to really believe what we believe. To take the Word of God and count it as reality. There was nothing precisely new in what we discovered, just the tremendous power of what God has done. Who needs "new" when the Gospel is eternal and unchanging and full of life?

My challenge to you today: remember! Remember the old truths on which your life is founded. Rediscover the power and love of God.

And if you don't know the old truths, contact me... I'd love to share them with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home